Most HCP practices have implemented an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system or an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system. When fully functional, these systems can provide numerous advantages:
Please note that the links below will direct you to external websites.
- Improved quality and convenience of patient care.
- Increased patient participation in their care
- Improved accuracy of diagnoses and health outcomes
- Improved care coordination
- Increased practice efficiencies and cost savings
However, even with the fundamentals of an EMR/EHR system in place, many offices have an opportunity for quality improvement, enhanced patient care, and overall efficiency and cost savings.
Regional Extension Centers (RECs) help providers navigate the entire EMR/EHR continuum, from the basics of adopting an EMR/EHR process to maximizing efficiency of their system and meeting Meaningful Use criteria. RECs are located in every region of the country, and serve as an invaluable source of information and technological support.